Run Reigate, now in it’s third year, has partnered with digital marketing agency, Jellyfish since this extravaganza of an event was first launched in 2014.
As the event continues to grow year on year; with the introduction of a new 10k in 2015, and a kids race due for 2016 (you heard it here first!), Jellyfish have been supporting and powering Run Reigate every step of the way. But what exactly has the partnership involved to date?
Brand development and creative
Jellyfish Creative Director Richard West wanted to ensure the brand had integrity from the start with strength, clarity and assets that were created specifically for – and owned by – Run Reigate. For the branding, that develops year-on-year, the colour pallet, font and look and feel are designed to be accessible, transferable designs across all assets and to depict a sense of movement for the races. Creative Designer, Ryan Phillips, created custom illustrations with a unique feel his inspiration journey looked like this:
- Wanting a technical sporty feel
- Looking at sports designs through the ages
- Inspired by retro 70’s and 80’s sports designs
- Balancing that with classic tennis shirts
- Refining and honing so they are truly unique
As the race grows the brand grows, for example the introduction of new races sees the introduction of new colour pallets, the evolution of patterns and textures and greater sophistication over time.
The website follows the Run Reigate identity. Website creation at Jellyfish follows a process that draws from experts in coding, design, SEO and analytics, conversion optimisation and usability, drawing from and getting sign off from leaders in each field. The first site was a simple landing page and as the event has grown so has its ‘shop front’ for attendees. As a result the latest website was built, with lots of work behind the scenes, such as:
- Built the site for SEO with meta descriptions and keywords search for content creation
- Efficient information architecture with well-structured page levels and content for optimised performance – getting people get to their destination as quickly as possible
- Retained site content-richness with domain content migration for topical posts and keywords
- Assured backlink profile protection so there were no 404 pages on launch through consistent page structure and redirects where necessary
- Integration with third party suppliers for the likes of data capture downloads for the Run Reigate team and pre-population for the results site for runners
Social and SEO
Throughout Run Reigate and Jellyfish’s partnership Jellyfish started out fully managing their social media and have provided SEO services. Now Run Reigate manage their own social channels based on audits, recommendations and training. In summary here are some of the ways Jellyfish support Run Reigate’s online presence:
- An SEO and Social Audit to establish quick wins and long term strategical recommendations
- Social training for the Run Reigate team with emphasis on increasing brand social mentions
- An infographic was created for placement on charity and other websites for backlinks
- Website analysis including all labelling, meta descriptions, keyword analysis for what words the team should be using in the content and much more….
So now you know who Jellyfish are, don’t be a stranger and say hello at the event! In the meantime we’ll continue to help power brand and everything digital for the crazy people that love running so much they made this inspirational event out of it for everyone in Reigate and beyond!